Bengali is spoken by 242 million speakers who classify it as their first language. The primary country for this language is Bangladesh, and it is the second most widely spoken language in India. Bengali is also spoken in Nepal and Singapore.
“Regional variation in spoken Bengali constitutes a dialect continuum – a spread of language varieties spoken across some geographical area such that each differs only slightly from its neighbors, but the differences accumulate over distance.”
- News: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpUCFtdZss8
- Radio: www.banglawadio.com/
- Environment: freesound.org/people/urbanson4/sounds/319503/
- Statistics – https://www.ethnologue.com
- Eleanor Greet Cotton, John M. Sharp (1988) Spanish in the Americas